It is one thing having a shiny new Shopify online store or Squarespace website ready and online for business but unless it is has the right message then it could be an expensive waste of time and money.
In order to get your site selling, and when we say selling we mean either selling a product, message or service, it is worth following these steps:
- Be Direct – We have all seen sites where the organisation is so vague on what they actually do, be direct, have the right pitch and make it easy for a customer to purchase or make contact.
- Herd Mentality – Lets face it we humans are just like sheep. If others know they aren’t the first then they will follow. We have all seen this before ‘5million users can’t be wrong’ ‘9 out of 10 cats prefer it’ or ‘fastest growing provider in Australia’ if you have lots of customers or are growing fast then promote this fact and wait for the sheep to flock in.
- Logo Love – We all like things that we already know, and fear the unknown. If you have a new business and are in partnership with some larger well-known brands then let your customers know this. There is no harm if you have permission to display familiar logos, which will give comfort to your visitors.
- Tell The World How Great You Are – It is rare these days for someone to book a hotel without reading reviews on sites such as Trip Advisor so why should this not apply to your business. Ask customers for testimonials and reviews so that new customers can formulate a good assessment of a product or service before making a purchase.
- Speed Kills – Finally, and not related to your sites message, but a real passion killer for any visitor regardless of how good your site, product and service, is speed. Make sure your site loads well and you don’t leave customers hanging for ages with only a blank or half loaded screen. Thankfully all sites designed by our experts on Squarespace or Shopify won’t have this issue.
For more information on getting your site selling talk to our specialist team here at Insider Media Group.